Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Try the Trend: Vests

Vests are back!!  I feel like a broken record...it seems that every Try the Trend I post about, I'm saying something has come back into style from decades ago!!  Well, the vest is one of those things!  How many of you grew up wearing denim vests?! I'm raising my hand!  Back in junior high, my vest of choice was an off-white crochet one...I absolutely loved it!  Well, now I am loving them because they allow you to layer your look by giving it more texture and interest, but don't bulk you up.  This is such a fun trend to try, so here is what I came up with:


Dont mind my garden hose in the background, Ha!!)




Vest: Forever 21, Dress: H&M, Shoes: F21, Necklace, F21


Here are some other options I am loving:

 I am loving this fun faux red leather vest!...I think I might need it:) It's such a fun color, and will add a perfect pop to any look.



You can't go wrong with a classic denim vest.  Pair it with a flowy top, and you will have perfect layering proportions.



 If you are not ready to go bold with the red, try a more neutral color with this faux leather one.  This will look so fun over a summery, feminine dress.  It will break up the sweetness and give it a perfect casual look.



Another option with the denim vest, is the floral.  Just like with floral pants, pair this one with neutral, toned down colors and this vest will speak for itself!

1 comments:

Amy Cherry said...

Looks great! And I love those shoes!!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Melissa Rey Styles | Theme by BloggerThemes & frostpress | Built by NTWD